December 23, 2010

Monday Night Raw Review: Dec 20/10

WZ Coverage

To start off the show, Miz and his Christmas Carol promo were pretty cool, aside from Cole of course. Morrison isn't as good on the mic as he used to be which I find strange. I figured he'd only improve. Guess I was wrong.

The GM is really coming up with some dumb shit too. Honestly, a 6 man tag match featuring an old worn out announcer isn't exciting or cool.I don't know whose idea this was, but I want to smack them. King has no business wrestling anymore. Keep him away from the ring. Please.

Match 1: Alicia Fox vs. Melina vs. Eve

Yeah, typical Divas match. Some okay work here and there but for the most part it was uninspired. Melina was great as always and showed some good aggression. Awesome twist post-match with the slap to Natalya. Heel turn complete. Fuck yeah.

Rating: 6/10

It's definitely good to see a new top heel in the women's division. LayCool until this point were the only bad guys (girls) and that went south faster than senior citizens in October. Yeah, bad reference, I know.

Match 2: Brian Danielson vs. William Regal

I forgot Regal was on the roster still. Great match from 2 technically gifted athletes. Regal is underrated and I think he deserves more credit than he gets. Both men were solid in the ring tonight and I hope Regal gets something decent in the future.

Rating: 7/10

Looks like the Bellas are already starting the "he loves me more" thing. Can't say I didn't see it coming but I thought it would take longer. Kudos to WWE for actually being timely for a change. Question now is, who will he choose?

Morrison talking again isn't impressing me. He doesn't have the same energy he used to. I'd like to see him get it back. Orton is Orton, what else can I say? He's a good talker.

More of Santino being stupid. It honestly annoys me that the Tag Titles are now literally a joke. Anyways, keeping with what's going on, I did laugh when Maryse stood on Santino to get face to face with Tamina.

Match 3: Santino and Tamina vs. Ted DiBiase and Maryse

Sadly, Tamina is more skilled than Santino in the ring. At the same time that's good for the womens division. She's got some good moves, let's hope she gets a push.

Ted was good as he usually is and Maryse was pretty average, but as a whole I think they were the more solid team. Tamina may be great but even she can't make up for Santino.

Rating: 6/10

Here comes Cena. To start, his promo is based around seeing the same thing 6 times. Gee, sounds like his career, no? Anyways, Vickie Guerrero cut him off. I have never been happier to see her than I was the other night.

Seriously, fat jokes? Admittedly some of them were pretty funny, but at this point, they're not much better than "yo mama" jokes.

Dolph defending Vickie was obviously going to lead to a match, but I wish it hadn't. In fact, I wish this whole segment didn't happen.

Match 4: Cena vs. Ziggler

Yeah, not gonna bother.

Rating: 3/10

Now, that match rating is based on the fact that the match was a waste of time and Cena was worse in the ring than he usually is. I added a couple extra points because Dolph was still good.

Post match was great. Cena got Punk'd and I enjoyed every second of it. I think I pointed this out in the group, but the chair seemed to have magnetic properties. Cena lifted off the mat and flipped over instead of dropping straight down. The fuck? He got up far too soon afterwards as well. I counted, he was on his knees at 12 seconds and standing upright as if nothing happened at 15 seconds. Way to undersell, idiot.

Punk may be wrestling again sooner than I thought (although I do still like him behind the mic).

Sheamus lost a little bit of his talking ability tonight. I got confused with the whole "I'm the king and the king dies tonight. Long live the king" stuff. Again, Lawler in a match? This is driving my nuts. There is a locker room full of underutilized, underrated, underpushed talent, and they give us a fat old commentator? Never mind that he used to wrestle, he can't -- and shouldn't -- wrestle anymore.

Match 5: Miz, A-Ry and King Sheamus vs. Morrison, Orton and Jerry Lawler for some reason

A few good moments (when Jerry wasn't in the ring) but otherwise awful. The ending was even worse than I thought it could ever be. Orton does all the work and King gets the pin on Miz. Bullshit.

Rating: 5/10

Yeah, that wraps up another shitty Raw.

Average match rating: 5.4/10 (+5.4)

Match of the Night: Danielson vs. Regal

Overall Show Rating: 6/10 (+6)

I dunno if I want to keep reviewing Raw or not. It's getting boring again. I'll try to keep at it but the show doesn't keep my attention long enough.

I'll have a post up at some point about the little details in WWE right now that annoy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment