January 5, 2010

Shaky Start to the War

With last night's return of the Monday Night Wars, a new era in professional wrestling is brewing.... Or is it?

I'll start with Raw. Aside from Bret Hart, it was just another edition of Raw. Same old, same old. Nothing exciting happened. This says one of 2 things: WWE is confident in their current product, which I applaud even though the current product sucks. That, or WWE has no confidence in TNA's product, which is semi foolish.

It aired just as it normally does, with nothing special to it at all. I'll admit, I wasn't expecting much from Vince, and even I was disappointed. I thought Vince would have at least given us something decent to watch. But he didn't. We saw the same thing we do on any given week.

TNA was full of production errors too much politics, and a Steel Asylum ending that would put WCW to shame (if you know your history, you'll know what I'm talking about). Seriously, I thought the Asylum was no DQ? The show was also plagued with commercials, which I think is the only reason they were able to expand to 3 hours.

TNA also seemed to be banking on tar power as opposed to in ring action, as there was less wrestling during the 3 hours of TNA than there was in WWE's 2. TNA did a star overload, by booking too many big names instead of putting on a great show with who they had.


What bothered me the most was the commercials. TNA would come back for literally 40 seconds and go to commercial again. They did it about 6 times. I'm sorry, but when you come back from commercial, am I wrong to expect at least 5 minutes of action until the next one?

If TNA is hoping to compete with WWE, they had better step their game up big time if last night was anything to go by.

Stay tuned for our 2009 awards.

Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment