February 9, 2011

Monday Night Raw Review: Feb. 7/11

Holy shit. I'm actually doing this on tuesday for a change.

WZ Coverage

The Good:

-- The opening segment with Nexus and Orton. Continuity is a big factor here, even if it is 3 years later. There was some great mic work as always from these 2.

-- CM Punk calling Orton "Randall." I dunno why I like it, I just thought it was fitting.

-- Is it just me, or were there less emails this week than before?

-- "5 move Cena" sign seen during Josh's interview of Sheamus.

The Bad:

-- McMahon's announcement about an upcoming announcement. It was a waste of time and a huge letdown. I was hoping it would be something big instead of just saying we have to tune in next week to find out. It's bullshit. That, and I don't think the host will be anyone to get excited about.

-- The new 2/21/11 promo. They absolutely murdered any suspense behind it. Had they not included the music, it would have still worked. That was my biggest issue with it. On the other hand, did I or did I not insist it was Taker?

-- Jerry Lawler on the mic. Please give him back his sanity pills and stick him back at the announce desk.

-- Punk's legit broken nose. I hope he's okay. Although it does throw a new twist into things. If done properly, WWE could play off of this with a decent payoff.

WTF?

-- Is it just me, or does the crowd chant "Cena" at random times for no apparent reason?

-- Truth don't know where he at. 2 weeks of this segment and 2 weeks Truth makes the list.

-- Cena covering for Truth's slip up by implying he got intoxicated. Way to be PG, guys.

The Matches:

Mason Ryan vs. R-Truth -- The reversed decision was annoying to say the least, but the stretch muffler by Ryan was awesome. Not much to say other than that.

Rating: 6/10

Gail Kim, Eve and Tamina vs. The Bellas and Melina -- Melina was the only real standout in the match and I think the Bellas just got in the way more than anything. Another wasted Divas match.

Rating: 5/10

Morrison vs. McG -- Decent match, if a little short. I don't understand why Punk sprayed stuff in Morrison's face. Why not just go straight for the beatdown? Why was the spray necessary?

Rating: 7/10

King and Danielson vs. Miz and DiBiase -- There was nothing good about this match. Sure, 3/4 of the guys were doing well from a technical aspect, this match wasn't exciting. It was all around terrible.

Rating: 4/10

King Sheamus vs. Otunga -- What is this I don't even.....

Rating: 4/10

Santino vs. Del Rio -- FINALLY, someone who doesn't fall victim to the worst finisher in history. Other than that, nothing spectacular. Del Rio looked great as he usually does and like I said it's nice to see someone not lose to the Cobra.

Rating: 6/10

Cena vs. Punk -- Yeah, where do I start? The blatant low blow that would get anyone else booed back to the stone age, the fact that Punk now looks weak despite efforts to build up him and Nexus as a threat, the always shoddy ring work from Cena, it all adds up to bullshit.

Rating: 5/10

Average Match Rating: 5.3/10 (-0.3)

Match of the Night: Morrison vs. McG

Overall Show Rating: 6/10 (--)

The wrestling was shit tonight, but the rest of the show was okay. 7 matches is higher than average, but I'd rather quality over quantity (both at the same time would be ideal). Feature post is still in the works. I have a couple days off after tomorrow, I'll look at it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment