February 16, 2011

Monday Night Raw Review: Feb. 14/11

Wow, Tuesday again. I must be picking up my slack.... Naw. I just had free time on tuesdays for the last 2 weeks for the first time in seemingly forever. Hopefully this trend continues. Also, I promise I'm working really hard on my next feature post. It's taking longer than I'd hoped because of work and other things in my life.

WZ Coverage

The Good:

-- Cena making fun of Cole. If there's one person I like less than Cena, it's Cole. Way to go Cena, you managed to make me laugh.

-- Alberto Del Rio again does well on the mic. He is one of the next big heels without a doubt.

-- Miz's post-match promo. Yes, his delivery was a little off, but yours would be too if you just finished a match. Other than that it was great. He knows what he's doing both in the ring and on the mic.

-- FUCK YEAH ROCKY! Loved his promo tonight. Too awesome to be PG. That was some of the best Cena bashing I've ever heard. Plus, he kept the censors busy which is always cool.

The Bad:

-- Vickie Guerrero. I absolutely hate this bitch. She can't talk for shit.

-- The Bellas beating down Eve. I don't know why this bugs me, it just does.

-- The fact that Mark Henry still has a job. Can they find something for this guy to do that doesn't invlove being on TV?

-- Well, there goes any suspense that may have been left with the 2/21/11 videos.

WTF:

-- Cena's on the good list?

-- Who was that random girl and why is she doing a kiss cam?

-- R Truth didn't make the WTF list? WTF?

The Matches:

Cena vs. Punk -- Wow, this was semi decent. Cena wasn't nearly as bad as he normally is. I guess I'm still riding the high from him bashing Cole, but this maybe Cena's highest rated match ever. There were some decent moves by Punk, and like I said, Cena wasn't as bad as usual.

Rating: 6/10

Natalya vs. Eve -- Yeah, not a big fan of this one. It was alright, but nothing special. The lumberjills didn't do anything to add to the match.

Rating: 5/10

Miz vs. Danielson -- Great match. I don't care what anyone says, Miz is well on his way to being a top heel. Danielson is only going to go higher up the ladder as well. Both men were very impressive. This is how a match is done. Nice to see Miz trying a submission or two. Great match from 2 top superstars.

Rating: 8/10

McG and Otunga vs. Morrison and Truth -- This tag match was surprisingly okay. I'm normally not a huge fan of tag matches, but this one was good. There were some nice spots and overall it was well done. Not the best by any means, but it was solid.

Rating: 6/10

Orton vs. Sheamus -- Another awesome match. Both guys did a great job tonight. Some pretty great technical work, and the match got me excited. Let's hope these guys get some time together in the Elimination Chamber.

Rating: 7.5/10

Average Match Rating: 6.5/10 (+1.2)

Match of the Night: Miz vs. Danielson

Overall Show Rating: 7.5/10 (+1.5)

This show was actually decent. I'm surprised. Vince managed to deliver on his promise from last week. Having the Rock host Wrestlemania was a great move, at least for the fans old enough to remember him. The matches seemed better too. I hope this upward trend continues next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment