January 20, 2011

2011 Wish List

As promised, here's my wish list for WWE in 2011. This is what, as a fan, I'd like to see from them in the coming 12 months.

-- Credibility in the tag team division. There are currently 3 tag teams in all of WWE right now, one of which is the biggest joke in the company. Sadly, that team holds the gold. Santino and Kozlov don't work as a team (besides that, Kozlov doesn't work as a face). I'm normally not a fan of slapdash pairings, but there are some teams that could potentially work. Evan Bourne and Justin Gabriel for one would be amazing. Yet they keep putting random people with Mark Henry. Who do you have to piss off to get stuck next to that sack of perspiration? Anyways, I would like to see some rejuvenation in the tag team division, and have some legitimacy restored to the belts.

-- New title contenders. This one is fairly obvious. For a while now, it's been the same elite few in the top title pictures, and virtually nobody in the lesser title pictures. CM Punk would be a relatively fresh face for the WWE title, and Jack Swagger should be back in the hunt on Smackdown. I think Raw doesn't have enough potential WWE title contenders at the moment. It's not just a lack of build up, but also a lack of people worth building up. Yes, there are a few people that I think should be pushed as a main eventer like Brian Danielson and maybe Ted DiBiase, Kozlov could even make it if he dropped this face gimmick and became an unstoppable beast again. Other than that, there's nobody there. As for the lesser titles, there is literally a whole roster for that. Evan Bourne, Yoshi Tatsu, the list goes on. Use them already.

-- Unified roster. Yeah, this is unlikely. This is the best solution to the lack of depth that is plaguing WWE right now. With the brands split up, feuds are very limited. Put the rosters together so there doesn't need to be a trade or a draft to change the roster dynamics. People will say that the separate brands give us a reason to watch both shows, and that may be true, but WWE can still give us a reason to watch both shows through good booking.

Alternatively, freer movement between brands. More interpromotional matches and feuds is what WWE needs right now to keep things fresh and interesting.

-- More #1 contenders matches. I prefer them over "I want a title match" promos. I know wrestling is scripted, but it looks more credible if someone proves their ability in a match than if they just flap their gums. Yes, there is a place for talk, but you can't talk your opponent into giving you their title so why should you be able to talk yourself into a title shot?

-- Divas. I want the same thing for the women as I do for the tag team division. Bring back some credibility. Bring in some girls that are hot AND can wrestle. Not too many of those around at the moment. We have a few of them but not nearly enough to make up what I would call a good women's division.

-- Finishing storylines. There were a few angles that we just dropped completely without another word. Am I the only one that wants to see these things through? I still want to know why Nexus helped Kane at Bragging Rights. I want answers, DAMMIT!

-- New concepts. WWE has been trying recently, and I will give them that. However, what they're trying is gimmick PPV's and the odd little thing here and there. Not exactly what I was hoping for. A new match type, different championship rules, I dunno, something. Anything. I'm not expecting 100% great concepts, I just want to see more and better attempts at innovation.

Am I asking for too much? To me, this all seems simple. Granted there is a whole business end that I don't fully understand. I'm not expecting or asking for overnight changes, I'd just like to see a general improvement in the product I'm watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment